The businesses chosen are Cognitive Area, D-Orbit, Descartes Labs, Edgybees, Hawkeye360, LeoLabs, Lunar Outpost, Orbital Sidekick, Satellite tv for pc VU and Ursa Area
WASHINGTON — Amazon Net Providers introduced June 10 it chosen 10 U.S. and European area startups for a four-week accelerator program the place firms learn the way they’ll develop their enterprise utilizing cloud computing and analytics applied sciences.
The businesses chosen are Cognitive Area, D-Orbit, Descartes Labs, Edgybees, Hawkeye360, LeoLabs, Lunar Outpost, Orbital Sidekick, Satellite tv for pc VU and Ursa Area.
“We chosen them out of greater than 190 proposals from 44 nations,” Werner Hans Peter Vogels, Amazon’s chief know-how officer, mentioned in a news release.
The accelerator program is run by AWS Aerospace and Satellite tv for pc Options and the U.Ok.-based enterprise funding agency Seraphim Capital. AWS Aerospace and Satellite tv for pc is a brand new enterprise Amazon fashioned in 2020 to work with authorities companies and the area trade. Startups are a good portion of AWS’s cloud and floor station companies.
“The newer area trade gamers face related challenges to their public sector counterparts,” mentioned Vogels. “Information is on the heart of every thing.” Business satellite tv for pc operators are “adopting applied sciences like machine studying that assist automate enrichment and evaluation of huge quantities of knowledge,” he added.
- Cognitive Area, primarily based in Houston, supplies constellation administration companies for satellite tv for pc operators.
- D-Orbit, primarily based in Italy, is an area logistics and transportation companies firm.
- Descartes Labs, primarily based in New Mexico, is a geospatial intelligence and analytics firm.
- Edgybees, primarily based in Maryland, makes use of augmented actuality software program to boost aerial video and imagery.
- Hawkeye360, primarily based in Virginia, is a business satellite tv for pc operator and knowledge analytics firm that makes use of radio frequency indicators to trace actions akin to maritime safety and disaster response.
- LeoLabs, primarily based in California, tracks area particles in low Earth orbit utilizing superior machine studying analytics and a community of ground-based, phased array radars.
- Lunar Outpost, primarily based in Colorado, develops autonomous robots to allow prolonged human presence on the floor of the moon and Mars.
- Orbital Sidekick, primarily based in San Francisco, is growing space-based monitoring companies utilizing hyperspectral satellite tv for pc imagery and machine studying algorithms.
- Satellite tv for pc VU, of the UK, is working to observe the thermal emissions of synthetic constructions across the globe to assist monitor local weather change.
- Ursa Area, primarily based in Ithaca, New York, supplies space-based geospatial intelligence and earth commentary knowledge.