Final yr we started protecting the annual GeoIgnite convention and had been impressed with it regardless of the final minute must go from an in-person occasion to a brand new digital platform.
This yr the organizers ready understanding that in all chance that the occasion wouldn’t be in individual once more. And in so doing determined to develop the convention and divide the content material into three separate occasions over the course of the final two weeks of April. This format of dividing occasions up into extra manageable digital occasions is catching on and has confirmed profitable.
SpaceQ spoke with Jonathan Murphy, Managing Director, GoGeomatics Canada who organizes the annual occasion. Murphy advised us that whereas the occasion is digital and that they’re attempting to maximise the effectiveness of the digital platform, that they hope to return to an in-person occasion in 2022 in Ottawa, although digital occasions received’t disappear as they’re proving to be helpful. He advised us this years occasion has 90 audio system.
I additionally requested him how many individuals he’s anticipating. Final yr they’d over 600 folks attend and that was a smaller occasion. As all of the occasions are free, the sponsors are protecting nearly all of the prices, he expects there shall be extra attendees than final yr.
The convention payments itself as Canada’s Nationwide Geospatial & Location Know-how Convention. This yr there are three occasion durations with the primary beginning tomorrow.
GeoIgnite Profession Honest & Range Management – April 14
This sooner or later event affords a gap keynote discuss by on The Previous, Current and Way forward for Expertise Wants within the Geointelligence Area with Daniel Schulten, MDA LaunchPad Director, David Mann, Director, Expertise Acquisition, MDA and launched by Jonathan Murphy, GoGeomatics Canada.
The keynote is adopted by talks on subjects similar to Jobs for Technical Challenge Managers, Are You Prepared For Public Sector Contracting?, and Innovator in Earth intelligence & House Infrastructure.
There are additionally loads of breaks and alternatives to community. The final occasion on the schedule is a Range Management Panel: Taking Motion for the subsequent technology. Panelists embrace;
- Moderator: Tanya Tejassvi, Supervisor – Accessibility Initiatives, SPARC BC/ GoGeomatics;
- David Gachuche, RiverCross Applied sciences, CEO;
- Parshati Patel, Astrophysicist and Science Communicator, Institute for Earth and House Exploration;
- Keith Masback, Principal, Plum Run LLC;
- David Mann, Director, Expertise Acquisition, MDA;
- Bilyana Anicic, President, Aurora Consulting.
Canadian Management & Geospatial Intelligence Convention – April 21-23
- MDA and the Way forward for SAR – Dr. Minda Suchan, VP of Geointelligence, MDA
- Luc Brulé, Vice-President of the Canadian House Company
- “Why it Takes a Legion,” Dr. Walter Scott, Government Vice President & CTO, MAXAR
- Supporting Determination Makers: Challenges and Alternatives for the Earth Statement and Geospatial Communities, Barbara Ryan, Government Director, WGIC
- Information from the Funds: The Federal Authorities of Canada Geospatial Administrators Normal Panel with;
- Éric Loubier, Director Normal, Canada Centre for Mapping and Earth Statement;
- Eric Laliberté, Director Normal, House Utilization, Canadian House Company;
- David Harper, Director Normal, Setting and Local weather Change Canada (ECCC);
- Moderator: Jonathan Murphy, Managing Director, GoGeomatics Canada.
- Spatial Finance, New Markets For Earth Statement with;
- June McAlarey, President & CEO, PCI Geomatics;
- Invoice Greer, Product Supervisor, Maxar;
- Florian Thaler, CEO and Co-Founder, OilX;
- Joe Morrison, Head of Product Success and Influence, Umbra;
- Moderator: Will Cadell, CEO, Sparkgeo.
- Canada’s Provincial & Territorial Geospatial Management Panel with;
- Melanie Desjardins, Director, NWT Centre for Geomatics and Chair, Canadian Council on Geomatics (CCOG);
- James Britton, Supervisor Mapping and Geomatics Companies, Ontario Ministry of Pure Sources and Forestry;
- Colin Macdonald, Director, Geographic Info Companies, Inside Companies, Province of Nova Scotia;
- Moderator: Trevor Taylor, Director, Member Companies, Asia and Americas, OGC;
There’s additionally a Hearth Facet Chat with Dr. Steve Liang, Founder & CTO of SensorUp & Dr. Nadine Alameh the OGC’s CEO.
17 Workshops, Seminars & Coaching and the Canadian Underground Discussion board – April 26-30
There are 17 workshop, seminars and coaching classes between April 26-30th. Two of the extra substantive sub-events embrace the 2 day Canadian Underground Forum on the 29th and 30th and the Canadian Perspectives: The Power of Geospatial Literacy for Space, Earth Observation, and Education seminar on the 28th.