This House Café Younger International Skills featured Prof Michelle Hanlon, House Lawyer, Co-founder For All Moonkind, Co-Director Air and House Legislation at UMiss, USA, in dialog with Markus Payer, Editor-in-Chief of SpaceWatch.International and Frederik Wissner, consultant of ELSA Frankfurt am Major, Germany. ELSA is the famend European Legislation College students Affiliation.
“Legislation in House – What for?” – is the theme of our first session. Very fundamental. Very related for SpaceWatchers and those that wish to grow to be it.
“One small step for a person – one large leap for mankind“. There’s in all probability no one on Earth who hasn’t heard these phrases of Neil Armstrong. However with the touchdown on the Moon and the planting of an American flag in its soil, Neil Amstrong kicked off a load of questions you didn’t even take into consideration earlier than.
- Who owns the Moon?
- Can the Moon be any nation’s property?
- Which nation’s regulation is in drive in area?
50 years later, these questions are nonetheless not answered. Whereas some high-profile hightech-billionaires have began an actual race to area and plan missions to “occupy” Moon and Mars, we’re nonetheless combating the basics. Is that this the time to get some extra regulation in place? Is area regulation the suitable instrument to do it?
- We wish to talk about:
- What’s area regulation and why do we’d like it?
- Who units area regulation and what are area legal professionals doing?
- How can college students and younger folks get engaged within the area of area regulation and interact in our endeavours to grow to be a beyond-Earth species?
Prof. Hanlon additionally answered related questions from the viewers.
This House Café Younger International Skills was held on 25 March 2021.
Right here the video: